1.1 Mana Services Aotearoa Limited trading as Mana Services hereafter referred to as “MANA” is committed to ensuring compliance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
2. What MANA Collects
2.1 MANA may collect from You:
(a) Your Personal Information, including:
(i) Your Sensitive Information;
(ii) Your name;
(iii) Your contact information, including email address;
(iv) other information relevant to surveys or interviews You participate in and/or offers You accept; and
(v) information about Your preferences and activities on MANA Website; and
(b) Personal Information (including Sensitive Information) about anyone else that You give to MANA.
3. How MANA Collects Your Personal Information
3.1 MANA collects Your Personal Information only when needed and for lawful purposes connected with performing its functions or activities. You authorise the collection of Your Personal Information from MANA when You:
(a) Use the MANA Services on Your computer, mobile, tablet or any other electronic device;
(b) Create a user account with MANA;
(c) communicate with MANA;
(d) enter into any MANA competitions and/or promotions.
3.2 MANA may also collect Your Personal Information from publicly available sources or from Third Parties from time to time.
4. How MANA Will Use Your Personal Information
4.1 You authorise MANA to use Your Personal Information (and where necessary), to disclose Your Personal Information to Third Parties for the following Purposes:
(a) for the Purposes of providing You with the MANA Services, including to:
(i) communicate with You, including to send promotional emails about new services, special offers, promotions or other information;
(ii) respond to Your queries regarding the MANA Website or MANA Services;
(iii) verify Your identity when You create a user account with MANA;
(iv) administer Your account;
(v) provide You with a good user experience;
(vi) develop new services, features and/or Content; and
(vii) keep You updated on things that are happening at MANA;
(b) for internal record keeping purposes;
(d) for any other purposes You authorise;
(e) for the purpose of MANA selling all or most of MANA’s assets; and
(f) to comply with MANA’s Legal Obligations.
5. How Long MANA Holds Your Personal Information MANA will hold Your Personal Information for as long as Your Personal Information is required for the Purposes and for as long as is necessary to comply with its Legal Obligations.
6. How MANA Stores and Protects Your Personal Information MANA will use reasonable care to protect Your Personal Information from unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, and loss.
7. MANA May Transfer Your Personal Information To Other Countries In order to provide You with MANA Services, MANA may need to disclose and transfer Your Personal Information to Third Parties located in a different country from where You live. This may include countries located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If those countries do not have data protection laws comparable to the data protection laws of Your country of residence, then MANA will take reasonable steps to ensure that Your Personal Information (including any Sensitive Information) is protected in those countries.
8. For The Purpose of the GDPR MANA is the data controller for personal data collected by it in the provision of its Services, support and assistance to You as the user. If MANA uses personal data that has been collected by a Third Party it will process the information as a data processor on behalf of the Third Party that collected Your Personal Information.
9. Request access to Your Personal Information You have the right to request access to any Personal Information that MANA holds about You, the right to know the source of Your Personal Information and the processing methods used by MANA. If MANA cannot give You access to the Personal Information that You have requested, then MANA will let You know the legal reasons for not disclosing Your Personal Information. If You are not happy with the legal reasons provided, then You have the right to complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner: www.privacy.org.nz/your-rights/how-to-complain/.
10. Request correction of Your Personal Information You have the right to request correction of the Personal Information that MANA holds about You. MANA will correct Your Personal Information if it is necessary to ensure that Your Personal Information is accurate, up to date, complete and not misleading. If MANA decides that it is unnecessary to correct Your Personal Information, MANA will let You know the legal reasons for its decision. If You are not happy with those reasons, then You have the right to complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner: www.privacy.org.nz/your-rights/how-to-complain/.
11. Request to restrict the use and processing of or delete Your Personal Information You have the right to request that MANA delete Your Personal Information when it is no longer needed for the Purposes, or withdraw your authorisation for MANA to use Your Personal Information. You also have the right to restrict Your Personal Information from being processed in the event You consider Your rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests in using Your Personal Information.
12. Data portability You have the right to request that MANA transfer Your Personal Information from one electronic processing system to another electronic processing system.
13. Minors MANA does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children (as defined by local laws) and does not target the MANA Website and/or MANA Services towards children.
14. What Happens If Your Don’t Give MANA Your Personal Information
If You decide not to give MANA Your Personal Information, or otherwise wish to withdraw your authorisation at any time, then You:
(a) may not be able to use some of the MANA Website and/or MANA Services;
(b) won’t be kept updated on things that are happening at MANA.
15. Privacy Complaints
If You think that Your privacy rights have been breached, You can make a written complaint to MANA at email@example.com, or otherwise contact the NZ Privacy Commissioner at https://www.privacy.org.nz/your-rights/making-a-complaint/complaint-form/.
16.1 There are two types of cookies used by MANA:
(a) Session cookies: These are used to store information about Your activities so You can move from one webpage to another. These cookies track Your movement from webpage to webpage of a website so that You do not have to provide the same information provided on earlier webpages. Session cookies only remain in the cookie file of Your browser until You close the browser.
(b) Persistent cookies: These are used to store Your preferences to improve Your experience on future visits to the MANA Website. For example, these cookies can remember log-in details or language preferences so that You don’t have to continually re-enter these each time You visit the website. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of Your browser after You have closed Your browser, and activate again when You next visit that website.
16.2 To enable some of the features and functionality of the MANA Website, You will need to permit MANA to place cookies on Your device. If You choose not to, then those features and functionality will not be available to You. You can remove or block cookies by using the settings in Your browser but it may affect Your ability to use the MANA Website.